No, the double pregnancy news does not mean ‘twins,’ it means hearing the same pregnancy news twice.
Your friend has gleefully told you she was expecting. You cheered too but inside your heart was aching and you had no idea how you were going to finish your sandwich without choking on your own sorrow. But you quickly realize that you will soon be hearing the same news at least three times more. To your horror, you are meeting with your newly pregnant friend for dinner with a bunch of other girls in a few days. But none of these other women know yet. You realize that you will have to hear the news all over again.
Is it easier to hear the same pregnancy news a second time?
In this case, you can at least mentally prepare yourself or at least pre-drink before the outing. But in the end, it won’t matter. You can prepare yourself all you want but if Aunt Flow arrives that day, no amount of mental preparation will help.
Here are some ways to cope for the double pregnancy news:
1) You can ruin it for her. As soon as your friends arrive, shout out her news before she gets the chance.
2) Upstage her. Do a drastic change to your hair or make-up and wear a revealing cocktail dress, even to a casual restaurant.
3) Bring up inappropriate conversation. Chat about the high statistics for miscarriages or a funeral that you recently attended.
4) Agree with her when she says she’s fat.
4) Cancel the dinner. You cannot attend because you will be traveling to an exotic destination (then don’t pick up your phone for two weeks so your friends will think you’re out of town).
Those seem like pretty healthy ways to cope.