When you’re trying to get pregnant and nothing is happening, the two week wait is the absolute worst. You feel pregnant; you don’t feel pregnant; you have all the pregnancy symptoms; and then you have no pregnancy symptoms. And Dr. Google is sick of you asking him if he thinks you’re pregnant.
So how do you survive the dreaded two week wait? Here are some suggestions.
- Ask someone to knock you out unconscious for 14 days or find a sketchy Anesthesiologist who is willing to give you some nice sleepy drugs.
- Stay awake for the first 2 weeks of the month and then sleep soundly during your two week wait. (Note: Call the Guinness Book of World Records to see if you’ll beat the record for staying asleep or awake the longest).
- Schedule an optional surgery like a nose job or lip enhancement procedure. Sure it’s not that great for your potential pregnancy but at least it will keep you occupied.
- Ask your employer if you could work overtime as in 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Your mind will be too busy to think!
- Go to a remote island where there is no such thing as looking at the internet, Doctor Google or fertility “Am I Pregnant” message boards.
Want some more suggestions on how to survive the 2WW? Check out Reason to Laugh #915 for more unhelpful suggestions!