If you are struggling with infertility, Mother’s Day can be difficult.
Here are some things that you shouldn’t do on Mother’ Day:
-Check Facebook. Your newsfeed will be filled with Mother’s Day brunch photos and status updates about being a mom. Check Facebook if you want to torture yourself but otherwise, stay off the internet.
- Go to the card shop and ask the sale associate where to find the “Infertile Moms” section. Chances are Hallmark doesn’t make this type of greeting card.
- Watch television. TLC is probably airing some special episodes including, “I didn’t know I was Pregnant, Mother’s Day edition” and “My Teenage Daughter is Pregnant Again, Happy Mother’s Day.”
- Asking the government to re-name the holiday. Sure the holiday is called Mother’s Day but how about re-naming it! Although it might be a catchy name but ‘Women who are Fertile Day’ probably won’t stick.
- Throw your bottle of Folic Acid at a pregnant woman. You probably will need that bottle so it doesn’t make sense to toss it away yet.
- Steal a baby. You might be tempted but don’t do it. Then you will be a crazy infertile with a criminal record. Not cool.
Mother’s Day can be hard but you will get through it. You are a mother. You just haven’t met your baby yet.